- Posted 12 July 2023
- Job type Permanent
Talent Acquisition Specialist | National Construction Firm
A unique opportunity to step into a newly created role for a national construction firm.
- Mascot location, up to $130k package inclusive of super
- Leverage your construction recruitment experience to attract tier-one talent
- Join a growing People & Culture team and shape your role
Our client is a privately-owned industrial and commercial construction company. With a proud history of delivering high-quality assets that will leave a positive legacy in the communities in which they operate, they continue to procure work from a solid and loyal client base.
Underpinning their strategic plans for the new financial year is a healthy pipeline of work across a diversified portfolio. Their culture is very much focused on trust, sustainability and accountability. They are committed to investing in their people and have recently brought onboard a new Head of Talent and Culture who will elevate the people function and enhance organisational culture to attract and retain some of the best talent in industry.
This role will report through to the Head of Talent Culture who has extensive experience working in the construction industry. They focus on developing their team to be a genuine partner with the business through providing expert advice and guidance to inform best practice and achieve positive outcomes. Their style is to empower their team to deliver their best work and to work collaboratively to enhance the support the function provides to the business. Passionate about what they do but also enjoy the balance of creating a positive working environment where you are your true self and enjoy the work that you do.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will lead the attraction, selection and onboarding of key talent across the organisations key projects. You will support a geographically dispersed client group that are site and head office based. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for employer branding to elevate brand in market and canvas the great benefits and career opportunities on offer to be an employer of choice.
Specifically, duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead the end-to-end recruitment of construction-based roles across the portfolio
- Leverage various methods to attract and engage candidates
- Implement talent attraction strategies for current and pipeline of key talent within construction
- Build a strong network within industry
- Provide advice to hiring managers on best practice and coach and upskill to lift their capability throughout the selection process
- Provide monthly reporting to the Head of Talent and Culture on key recruitment metrics
- Look at ways to improve processes
- Manage reference checks and onboarding of new employees
- Build out the employer branding
- Contribute to broader People and Culture initiatives
Our client is seeking an experienced talent acquisition specialist who has a minimum of 1-2 years recruiting in construction in an in-house environment. The ability to deploy strategic sourcing strategies will be key to your success while demonstrating a high level of initiative in being proactive in your approach.
Strong stakeholder management and the ability to influence outcomes will be crucial as well as partnering with hiring managers throughout the process, offering an above and beyond experience.
Building relationships in market and maintaining a presence will also be a focus for you to build brand awareness and be able to provide insights to the business on market trends.
Please get in touch with Matthew Bransby-Bell on 0448 198 544 with any questions you have, we would welcome the opportunity to have a confidential discussion.
In terms of the interview process, following a meeting with Levyl, our client expects two to three stages of interviews to take place prior to reference checks and an offer.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators. When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.