- Posted 14 July 2023
- Job type Permanent
Are you looking to complete meaningful work whilst progressing your HR career? Join this inspiring NFP and lead the P&C function!
- Partner directly with the CEO and LT on delivering on their culture future state
- Bring to life a newly created EVP and design, implement, and embed HR frameworks
- Hybrid flexible working and one week’s extra leave per year!
Our client is a unique not for profit that has found the balance in being a market leading, progressive employer of choice whilst providing their cutting edge, digital services connected with mental health advocacy, support, and awareness. Driven by their inclusive and flexible workplace culture that cultivates a culture of learning, wellbeing and belonging (and a high board), this organisation is on a mission to create a world where our young people feel more supported and understood.
This role has a direct reporting line to the Director of Operations with a once removed reporting line to the CEO. Together, these two ELT members make a connected and passionate duo who are invested in driving the company culture and collaborating with this Senior Manager to achieve all the goals in HR. The current incumbent is moving into an HR Projects role and will be available to provide a handover – meaning the incoming candidate will have a lot of support and be set up to succeed.
The focus for the Senior Manager of People & Culture is predominantly partnering with the CEO and leadership team on driving the people strategy and bringing to life their future state vision. In doing so you will lead a small team of P&C professionals (x3) and design, implement, and embed HR frameworks. This role is a mix of operational and strategic duties.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the CEO & Director of Operations on the continuation of the people strategy roadmap and further embedding of the new EVP;
- Designing, implementing and delivering on frameworks and plans encompassing talent (workforce planning and attraction), organisational development (L&D, performance, and culture) and DE&I;
- HR Governance: developing and modernising policies and practices and preparing the quarterly board meeting agenda (often presenting and driving discussion);
- Leading the P&C team to deliver on outcomes, guiding priorities and focus; and
- Performing generalist operational duties as required by way of overflow or support to your team including HR queries, employee relations and leadership coaching.
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced HR professional who has worked in a Business Partner capacity or P&C Management role. We are open to a ‘step up’ hire should you be able to demonstrate you have gained the skills required to set you up to manage a team and strategically communicate with the Board and CEO. So, in summary you will have:
- The capability to lead a HR function;
- Experience designing, implementing, and embedding HR frameworks including but not limited to culture, values, L&D & DE&I;
- Very strong communication and stakeholder relationship skills;
- The ability to bring to life a new EVP and guide an organisation toward their future state.
Your steady thinking and considered, progressive style will see you slot into the workplace culture with ease and allow you to position the HR strategy and various programs of work in a way where they will resonate with both the LT and the employee workforce. We are not fussed on industry exposure; however, you must be able to connect with the mission of this organisation as they are a passionate force to be reckoned with in the fight against youth mental health.
Finally, you will be open to a relatively quick commencement and initial 12-month fixed term contract. This organisation is growing and there may be future opportunities to stay on.
Beyond meeting with a Levyl consultant, there will be a two stage interview process and reference checks. We are hopeful for a start in the short-term future so will move quickly throughout the next steps. Please contact Sarah Bolitho on 0499 027 469 with any questions or for a confidential discussion before applying online.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators. When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.