- Posted 11 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Senior HR Manager | Multi-site Regional Role
Opportunity for a commercial and strategic HR leader to drive the people strategy across VIC, SA and WA to achieve business outcomes and support operational needs.
- True leadership role, partnering with key leaders to enhance performance and culture
- Leverage your experience in supporting a multi-site, blue & white-collar workforce
- Competitive salary package of $218,000 incl. super + bonus incentive
As a business division of one of Australia’s largest FMCG companies, our client’s products can be found in household pantries across Australia. A multi-site national operation; our client continues to go from strength to strength with expansion on the horizon, fueled by ambitious plans. With a well-tenured workforce, they attribute this to always putting their people first and maintaining a culture which fosters long-term tenure and career progression, their business plans are underpinned by continuous investment in their employees.
You’ll report into the Head of People who is a formidable leader with a wealth of experience leading high-performing HR teams that optimise culture and workplace performance. Their style is empowering and supportive with their approach to allow their team to bring ideas to the table, have a voice and work together to deliver outcomes. More broadly, you will be joining a very strong and close-knit HR team across Australia and New Zealand.
As the Senior HR Manager, you will play an integral role in partnering senior operational leaders across the region to devise a fit-for-purpose people strategy and lead a small team of HR Business Partners to deliver excellence.
Key to your role will be lifting leadership capability across the three sites in the core people processes across engagement, capability, industrial relations, talent and succession and safety.
Being a senior leader, you will participate in the broader business agenda and contribute to the strategic people direction to align commercial objectives.
Further, you will:
- Providing consistent and effective hands-on mentorship and coaching to leaders to uplift their capability that fosters high performance
- Coach, lead and mentor your team of business partners to support leaders on the ground
- Build and maintain relationships across the business to build your awareness of organisational drivers to aid your input into the strategic direction of the people function
- Liaising with union representatives to promote effective communication, collaboration, and cooperation as well as leading negotiations when appropriate
- Lead the strategic direction of the annual and cyclical people processes including performance reviews, talent and succession planning, and remuneration
- Support the Health & Safety team to promote a safety-first culture among the three sites
- Partnering with stakeholders to provide guidance and advice on complex ER and performance issues to reach positive outcomes and act as an escalation point for the BPS
- Addressing skills gaps, identifying training opportunities and promoting goal setting; and championing DEI initiatives that create a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The ideal profile that we have identified is someone who is a senior HR leader with experience leading a small, hands-on team within the FMCG industry or similar. Having demonstrated experience working in an industrialised environment is also crucial as you will play a key role in working with union and employee representatives and applying IR knowledge to people-related matters.
Your ability to engage with senior leaders will afford you success as will your approach to driving collaborative and productive working relationships. As the role is working to influence the strategic direction of the people function, a commercial mindset is key to ensure that you are aligned with the business objectives and enabling their achievement through people initiatives.
A strong communicator and relationship builder are two key qualities and skills that will see this person hit the ground running and build credible relationships with leaders and peers.
As this role is supporting the southern region, there will be frequent travel required to SA and WA.
Free parking is available at the Dandenong site with hybrid working arrangements.
The process will consist of an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant followed by a first stage interview with the Head of People and another HR leader, a second-round with an Operations Manager and a HR peer and a final-round with the Operations Director and an additional stakeholder. There will be a site visit and relevant drug & alcohol tests + references prior to offer. For any questions, please contact Matthew Bransby-Bell on 0448 198 544.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators.
When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.