- Posted 30 January 2024
- Job type Permanent
Safety and Wellbeing Manager, Corporate | $160-180K + super
- Newly created role, owning the safety and wellbeing strategy
- Join a market-leader that is purpose-led and shows genuine care for their employees
- National role, based in the Sydney CBD with hybrid working
Our client is a leading Australian-owned energy business who is driving change to shape a cleaner future for our environment through supporting the transition to renewable energy. With a deep connection to community, they have invested heavily in regional Australia and have evaded over 5-million emissions using green energy solutions. The expertise and experience their people bring has seen our client play an unrivalled role in the transition to renewables, trusted by clients to deliver solutions and support the transition. With a strong pipeline of projects across Australia, it is an exciting time to join and help support the business through its growth plans and to continue to evolve as a leader in changing the way in which we power Australia.
This senior HSE role will report directly into the General Manager of People & Culture who has been described by her team as collaborative, empowering, flexible and genuine. They foster a culture of continuous investment in all teams personal and professional development. More broadly, you will be under the leadership of a formidable leadership team who continue to make a mark in Australia, leading us to a greener future.
This role has been created to partner with the broader P&C team and business stakeholders across all sites to manage workplace health, safety and wellbeing initiatives. You will promote and deliver training that brings awareness to and creates a safety-first culture, and work with business leaders to ensure safety and wellbeing principles are practiced in the workplace.
Further, you will:
- Manage all WHS training which includes Fire Wardens, First Aid and Mental Health
- Manage employees returning to the workforce from injury
- Conduct and manage all workplace inspections across all offices and sites where applicable
- Lead the investigations and reporting of WHS incidents that occur in the workplace and engage the relevant stakeholders (internal and external)
- Contribute to the accreditation of the ISO Occupational health and safety management system
- Manage the communication of WHS initiatives across all sites
- Manage and promote the Employee Assistant Program services available
- Produce reports on a regular basis for internal and external stakeholders
- Look at ways to continuously enhance WHS practices, policies and procedures
- Stay up to date and provide advice on WHS legislation
Your experience working in a WHS corporate advisory role, leading initiatives across the function will see you succeed. The ability to stay abreast and apply the latest WHS legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice will allow you to make impact and be a trusted advisor. An extension of this is your demonstrated track record in the design and delivery of health and wellbeing initiatives.
As the role is newly created, there is opportunity to shape the scope of this role and your ability to collaborate and consult with your P&C peers and broader stakeholder group will set you on a path of success. The ability to manage WHS across a geographically dispersed workforce is key and being able to prioritise effectively to deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations.
A qualification at a diploma level in Workplace Health and Safety or equivalent is essential.
The process will consist of an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant followed by a first stage interview with the GM of P&C and a key stakeholder, followed by a final round by an Executive Leader. The successful candidate will be required to undergo background checks which includes a police check.
For any questions, please contact Matthew Bransby-Bell on 0448 198 544.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators. When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.