- Posted 15 November 2023
- Job type Permanent
Payroll Specialist | 2-3 Month Contract | $90-110k inc super
Opportunity to make an impact and improve payroll efficiency in a leading FMCG business!
- North Strathfield location with genuine hybrid/flexible working on offer
- Contract through to the end of January with possibility for extension
- Period of positive transformation and change ahead!
Our client is one of Australia’s largest FMCG organisations who provide industry leading products to consumers nation-wide. Their reach expands across various subsidiary brands and their sound business model has recently seen them attract positive press coverage and set them up for future growth. To support the journey ahead, they are looking to invest in hiring Payroll Specialists to work closely with a tight-knit payroll team and broader HR unit on the creation of a strong payroll model for future.
Working alongside an additional payroll officer, you will be operating under the guidance of a Team Leader and Payroll Transformation Manager and broader HR team. With payroll reporting into People & Culture you will be joining a team of supportive and collaborative professionals who are investing in the sophistication of the payroll function and are committed to seeing this period of transformation succeed.
With the business recently transitioning to an outsourced payroll model, this role will be crucial in ensuring payroll queries and more complex tasks are actioned. This will include:
- Managing the ticketing system and payroll inbox, responding to all payroll enquiries relating to a variety of issues ranging from leave through to more complex cases like fringe benefits tax;
- Providing the third party vendor with all data on new starters, terminations and all relevant contractual changes;
- Running reports and looking at queries, some data analysis;
- Supporting on process and system improvement exercises;
- End of month duties such as payroll tax and superannuation processing;
- Foster relationships with stakeholders and participate in regular communications on all payroll related matters.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have experience working as a Payroll Officer or Specialist, and have the ambition and drive to operate in a more senior capacity. Exposure to a variety of different payroll systems, ideally Chris21, will be advantageous, and you’ll be able to demonstrate adaptability and capability of quickly picking up new technology and operating models. As this business has a presence in both Australia and NZ, a foundational understanding of NZ legislative requirements and payroll processing will assist in setting you up for success. With advanced MS Excel skills and good people skills, you will pride yourself on your attention to detail and ability to plan and execute at a high level. whilst you will have the support of a committed Team Leader, we also look for a candidate that is confident in managing most of the day to day queries with autonomy. We are open to candidates on a visa.
Beyond meeting with a Levyl consultant, there will be a one to two stage interview process (Payroll TL and HRBP) and reference checks. We are hopeful for a start in the short-term future as this business has commenced a rapid transformation journey, so will move quickly throughout the next steps. Please contact Angus Swift on 0418 696 936 with any questions or for a confidential discussion before applying online.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators. When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.