- Posted 11 December 2023
- Job type Permanent
Payroll Manager, Aus and NZ | Growing FMCG Business!
A rare opportunity to lead the payroll function across Australia and New Zealand and drive continuous improvement as they expand their operations!
- Champion new ways of working and embed best practice
- Project manage a large transformation program
- Flexible working arrangements with a salary between $150k - $180k + super
Our client is a leading FMCG business whose products are consumed across a number of markets and have become staples in our everyday. With a diverse portfolio of products, their brand has attracted interest in recent months with their large growth plans which are in motion which further demonstrates their leading role in the market. To support their continued growth, they’re seeking a highly experienced payroll manager to lead a close-knit team to deliver timely and accurate payroll solutions and enhance the capability of the function.
You’ll report into a high-performing and well-regarded P&C leader who has extensive experience leading key people programs of work within the industry. They’re down-to-earth and have a very pragmatic and collaborative style with a strong focus on empowering their team. More broadly, you will be a part of a great P&C team who love what they do and deliver impactful solutions to support their employees and overall business outcomes.
As the payroll manager, you will have a wide scope of accountability to deliver operational excellence in addition to leading transformation activities.
You will lead a team of specialists across Australia and New Zealand to ensure payroll activities are delivered accurately in a timely manner and manage key relationships both internally and externally.
Further, you will:
- Upskill the capability of the payroll team to ensure all payrolls are compliant with relevant legislation and policies
- Review existing processes and implement contemporary practices to create efficiencies without compromise to quality
- Assist with the maintenance of relevant documentation and carry out internal audits to ensure compliance
- Ensure all relevant reporting and journals are completed on time including the preparation and distribution of financial reporting
- Design and roll out payroll system enhancements that deliver an improved customer experience
- Manage the relationship with the external payroll vendor
- Manage, lead, and deliver transformation projects that look at how the payroll function operates and services the business
To see success, you will be a strong people leader with demonstrated experience in leading successful payroll teams. Your leadership will be centered around uplifting the capability of your team and fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
Strong working knowledge of Australian and New Zealand payroll is crucial, as well as working with a time and attendance system. Further to this, experience in designing new solutions and ways of working to enhance the payroll function. Experience working with Awards is also key.
Finally, you’ll be willing to be hands-on in your approach, while also having the ambition and capability to contribute to strategic initiatives by leaning on your project management experience to design and implement new ways of working.
Following an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant, there will be two stages of interviews with the client. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo background checks as well as reference checks.
For any questions or a confidential discussion, please contact Matthew Bransby-Bell on 0448 198 544
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators.
When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.