- Posted 26 June 2023
- Job type Permanent
Partner with senior leaders to shape L&D strategy and strengthen employee capability through the development, implementation and delivery of targeted people programs and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Exciting opportunity to shape and define a critical, newly created role
- Join an organisation that genuinely cares about the development of their people
- Permanent part-time position (3 days per week) in Sydney’s Inner West
With a core focus on providing holistic and engaging experiences for their stakeholders, our client is a membership organisation with a true social outlook; running events, cafes, bars, as well as overseeing the administration of clubs and societies. With a laid-back yet hands-on culture, they are a development focused team that consistently offer growth and challenging opportunities! In line with their people first ethos is a holistic and attractive benefits offering which includes a discretionary bonus and daily meal allowances.
Forming part of a modestly sized yet high-performing team, this specialist role will report into a knowledgeable and supportive Senior People & Culture Manager with strong tenure at the organisation. You will be entering an environment where you will be closely mentored and encouraged to develop as this organisation’s social footprint grows.
This newly created position exists to foster employee growth and development through the evaluation and refresh of existing L&D and talent strategies. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the learning culture within the organisation and empowering staff to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working alongside the P&C Manager to streamline and optimise the learning and development framework which will include implementing the L&D matrix and yearly calendar.
- Conducting organisation-wide Training Needs Analysis based on data, performance reviews and conversations to introduce interventions and identify areas for improvement;
- Liaising with department heads, managers and members of P&C to develop a Succession Plan framework and further talent management plans;
- Revamping induction processes to enhance the onboarding experience and reviewing and enhancing the performance review process from a leadership perspective;
- Designing, developing and facilitating training workshops where relevant to promote continuous learning;
- Overseeing the delivery of employee engagement surveys, evaluating results, and making recommendations.
We are ideally looking for candidates with a minimum of three years’ experience supporting L&D programs, driving initiatives, and contributing to overarching frameworks. As a proactive self-starter, you will enjoy observing, analysing, and evaluating existing L&D practices and programs in order to make recommendations that foster positive change within organisations.
Perhaps most importantly, you will possess strong stakeholder engagement capabilities that allow you to gain buy in and uptake from senior leaders and employees at all levels. In addition to tertiary qualifications in HR, L&D, Psychology, or another related field, further certifications in Training and Assessment / Training and Development will be highly regarded.
The process will consist of an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant, followed by a first-round interview with the P&C Manager, and a potential second round interview.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators.
When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.