- Posted 11 January 2024
- LocationWetherill Park
- Job type Permanent
Human Resources Director | Multi-National FMCG business!
Drive and enhance the sophistication of the human resources function across a business that produces high quality food dressings for some of the world’s most recognisable brands!
- Unique opportunity with creative license to facilitate change across all aspects of the employee lifecycle across AUS and NZ
- Have a seat at the table – senior leadership role reporting into the MD!
- Customer-centric, committed, passionate and innovative culture.
Newly Weds Foods ANZ is a true success story from its inception 40 years ago, starting as a small business and growing to generate over $190m in revenue today with a leading market share. Newly Weds Foods ANZ is a joint venture with George Weston Foods and Newly Weds Foods in the USA. Their initial core business was to supply Japanese panko breadcrumb which has expanded to now include traditional breadcrumb, batters, breaders, marinades, sauces, gravies, seasonings and extruded products, supplying food manufacturing companies, food service distributors and to quick service restaurants. Across the three sites in Wetherill Park, Perth and Auckland, core to their business are their values of looking after their customers and looking after their people, which is exercised across all levels of the organisation. Their committed workforce of close to 300 work to these each day.
They’re now looking to bring onboard an experienced Human Resources Director, based at their Wetherill Park site, to lead the people function across Australia and New Zealand to elevate the function to enable their strategic growth goals and enhance culture, performance, and engagement. Operating in a competitive landscape, Newly Weds Foods has garnered a reputation in the market for their ability to customise solutions to meet customers needs and ensuring that the work gets done. The HR Director will play a critical role in ensuring the right capability exists in the business, partner with senior leaders to influence a culture of innovation and create a positive employee experience. This role will also support the growth of the recently established New Zealand team. This is a true leadership role, sitting as part of the Executive Leadership team and working collaboratively across the business to elevate the HR function.
The Managing Director of Newly Weds Foods ANZ is an accomplished leader within the FMCG industry and brings a unique perspective, having worked in operational roles in addition to C-Suite positions. He is down-to-earth, authentic and has a strong desire to ensure that his people are treated well as he sees the importance of this having positive impacts on how products are manufactured and how customers are engaged. Having joined the business just over 15 months ago, he has an exciting vision for the business, and should you have the opportunity to work together, you will be empowered to bring to life what is best practice and what will uplift the overall culture and performance of the organisation.
Leading the human resources function, you will work with functional leaders across the organization, align people processes and practices to achieve Newly Weds Foods ANZ 2030 ambitions across Australia and New Zealand.
You will provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to an HR Assistant and a Safety and Workers Compensation Manager to ensure effective support to all areas of the business and the deployment of the people strategy.
A hands-on, blended strategic and operational role touching on all facets of the employee lifecycle, you will:
- Drive engagement and collaboration across the organisation, fostering a culture of innovation and knowledge sharing across a white-and-blue collar workforce
- Work to attract, retain and reward high-performing talent to ensure that the business has the right capability to achieve its strategic goals
- Continue to energise the Newly Weds culture to maintain competitive advantage
- Set the people agenda in-line with organisational needs and working with leaders to understand their goals and challenges and devise an appropriate plan
- Form and nurture a harmonious relationship with union and employee representatives and work collaboratively to achieve desired outcomes
- Manage Enterprise Agreement negotiations and provide recommendations and advice to the MD and senior leaders on the appropriate approach
- Review, enhance and introduce annual and cyclical people processes including performance reviews, talent and succession planning, learning and development, and remuneration reviews
- Work with operations leaders to ensure safety is effectively managed and ensure risks are mitigated and appropriate plans are implemented, including return to work processes
- Support the NZ business as they are in their infancy to align HR processes to aid growth and their establishment in the local market
- Build a personal brand to become a point of contact where others seek counsel, input and involvement from.
If you are an experienced human resources leader who has led a function in an industrialised environment where people and customers are at the heart of what you do, then Newly Weds Foods is the perfect match for you.
The profile we have identified for this role is someone who is pragmatic, practical, down-to-earth and a leader who has a track-record in delivering contemporary HR solutions across the entire employee lifecycle. This extends to working within in a factory/blue- and white-collar environment, with EBA experience and demonstrated knowledge in all areas of safety.
You will be action-orientated and someone who can work at pace in a dynamic environment. Whilst there is room for improvement in terms of systems and processes, you won’t let this be a barrier in delivering and instead, look at ways in which they can be improved. A close-knit and friendly environment, you will immerse yourself in the business, building relationships with employees across the entire organisation, including those on the factory floor and build rapport.
There is free parking available on-site at Wetherill Park.
Following an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant, you will meet with the Managing Director and a P&C leader from the George Weston Foods business and potentially a second-round with a stakeholder. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check and medical, in addition to reference checks carried out by Levyl on behalf of Newly Weds Foods.
Please contact Matthew Bransby-Bell on 0448 198 544 with any questions you have or send an application today! We would love to hear from you.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators. When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.