- Posted 29 May 2023
- Job type Permanent
Drive employee engagement and leadership capability across three manufacturing facilities in for a national FMCG business.
- True generalist role: be ‘on the tools’ in an operational environment!
- Flex your IR muscles in an industrial setting where your expertise will be utilised
- Enjoy flexible start and finish times, onsite parking, and hybrid conditions
As a business division of one of Australia’s largest FMCG companies, our client’s products can be found in households all over the country. A multi-site national operation; our client is experiencing an exciting period of growth and has ambitious plans for future development. Known for putting their people first and maintaining a culture which fosters long-term tenure and career progression, their business plans are underpinned by continuous investment in their employees.
This role will form part of a small but mighty HR team. You will operate in a somewhat standalone capacity as you will be the sole HR team member physically based onsite at this office. In saying that, you will have administrative support from a HR Coordinator and receive guidance and mentorship from your direct Regional HR Manager, an experienced leader with 20+ years’ tenure in industry. You will be able to draw on their expertise and collaborate with the national HR team on exciting group-wide initiatives and projects.
This role exists to provide value-add business partnering solutions across three facilities and help boost employee engagement and performance while uplifting leadership capability across Victoria. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing consistent and effective hands-on mentorship and coaching to leaders within your portfolio;
- Contributing to strategic organisational goals by upskilling managers across key HR metrics including performance management, ER and L&D;
- Liaising with unions and industrial representatives to promote effective communication, collaboration, and cooperation;
- Supporting business leaders in engaging and communicating with all employees whilst managing EBA negotiations with the UWU and TWU.
- Partnering with stakeholders to provide guidance and advice on ER and performance issues to reach positive outcomes;
- Addressing skills gaps, identifying training opportunities and promoting goal setting, regular performance reviews, and investment in personal development plans; and
- Overseeing annual cyclical processes and providing wide-ranging generalist support across the employee lifecycle while remaining highly visible in your portfolio group.
The successful candidate will ideally possess existing HR Business Partnering experience in FMCG or manufacturing, though an experienced HR professional with blue-collar, multi-site experience and strong stakeholder management skills could also be a good fit. You will be a true HR generalist who has worked across the full employee lifecycle with considerable exposure to ER and IR, leadership development, employee capability and engagement, change management and performance management. You will also have experience negotiating, interpreting and working within relevant EBAs, have strong commercial acumen, and enjoy working collaboratively on project work and people initiatives.
Effective communication and leadership skills will be essential to your success as you interact with all levels of the business to influence positive outcomes. Prior experience operating in a largely standalone role and/or reporting into an interstate team will be advantageous as will be exposure working with the United Workers Union or Transport Workers Union.
The process will consist of an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant followed by a first stage interview with the Regional HR Manager and Operations Manager, and a second-round interview with another senior HR leader. There will be a site visit and relevant drug & alcohol tests + references prior to offer. For any questions, please contact Lily Tuomela on 0448 290 380.
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators.
When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.