- Posted 14 September 2023
- LocationNorth Ryde
- Job type Permanent
Head of People | $230k - $250k incl. of super
An exciting opportunity for a highly experienced people leader to drive strategic programs of work to uplift capability and enhance organisational performance and culture.
- Leverage your leadership experience in leading a high-performing People team and partner with the Executive team
- Agency to design and implement key people initiatives across the employee lifecycle
- Flexible hybrid working on offer with onsite parking provided
A renowned household name, our clients is one of Australia’s largest FMCG organisations who continues to produce essential consumer goods and has for over 40 years. Being the subsidiary of a billion-dollar multinational goods processing company, their global reach provides a unique opportunity to work across a diverse range of their subsidiary brands as well as global people initiatives. With their product being a staple households across the country, their sound business model has afforded them the opportunity to go from strength to strength in uncertain economic times with continued growth on the horizon.
You will be working alongside an incredibly respected and high performing People Director who is known for their commercial thinking but progressive approach. Their style is to empower their team and to work collaboratively to workshop ideas, influence outcomes and innovate to deliver best practice. Further, you will partner with the Executive Leadership Team who are formidable in their own right and display a genuine passion for what they do and the people around them. Working as part of a global business with local subsidiaries, you will stay networked and coordinated across each of the brands, looking to share ideas, learnings and foster collaboration with P&C peers and business leaders.
As the Head of People, your scope of work is to lead, guide, and innovate across all aspects of the organisations people programs. You will provide thought leadership to deliver best practice and act as a true business partner to the Leadership across all people related matters. As a senior leader, you will work closely with the People Director and partner to co-design people initiatives and strategies that align to the broader organisational strategic objectives.
This is a true leadership role where you will guide a high performing team of generalists who will support you in the implementation of key people initiatives across D&I, talent, change, remuneration, performance and engagement.
Further, you will:
- Review and re-design the annual and cyclical people activities such as performance reviews, talent reviews, and engagement
- Work to identify capability gaps at a leadership level and partner with external providers to deliver programs that enhance capability
- Act as a point of escalation for complex people related matters
- Lead the annual remuneration review process and look to expand its suitability for the organisation through external benchmarking to ensure it is competitive and equitable
- Review and rollout revised benefits that are competitive in market to be an employer of choice
- Drive talent, succession, capability and L&D through review of existing frameworks and processes to drive a high performing culture
- Lead the annual board paper reporting for the parent company and coordinate this process internally
- Support and deliver key communications for the organisation with respect to employee related initiatives
- Network and build relationships across the organisation including (subsidiary brands) and nurture these relationships to champion collaboration
- Continuous scanning across the organisation to identify new ways of working or creating efficiencies
What our client sees as the path to success is your leadership capability and ability to be a true business partner to provide sound advice and guidance to senior leaders. Your ability to move between operational and strategic pieces of work will see you thrive as you enjoy being hands on but also looking at the bigger picture and providing leadership to uplift capability.
Experience partnering with senior leaders is key as well as the ability to influence outcomes. Strong commercial acumen will see you develop the ability to design and implement programs of work that enhance not only employee performance, but the overall performance of the business.
Above all, you will be a self-starter and a leader that is decisive and has an impact through their work. You will be curious and enjoy looking at ways to problem solve and craft solutions that elevates those around you and the processes they support.
This role is a great step for someone who loves working in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable in an ever-changing environment.
The process will consist of an initial meeting with a Levyl consultant followed by what we anticipate being three rounds of interviews plus a psychometric assessment.
For any questions, please contact Matthew Bransby-Bell on 0448 198 544 and we look forward to hearing from you!
Levyl encourage diverse, equitable and inclusive recruitment solutions and commit to respond to every applicant. We make selection and shortlist decisions based on your skills, experience, personal attributes, and motivators.
When you apply on one of our ads, please tell us the pronouns that you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need throughout the interview process.